Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Chicks

Easter is just around the corner and for those of you who still need some crafting ideas I have another inspiration.

I cut out an oval with my Stampin' Up! Framelit dies and decorated it. For this sample I just used my markers. Then I cut the oval in half with a zig zag. Using a hot glue gun I adhered the two halfs to a wooden clothespin. I also added a sentiment and embellished it with several layers of ribbon and the little flower. Now you may ask, why did she have to glue the egg to a clothespin?

This is why ...

When you push the ends of the clothespin together the egg opens and reveals the chick. Happy Easter! Isn't that super cute?

Here are some more samples:
For the top one in the picture I used sponge daubers to make the colorful circles, for the zig zag design in the middle I used my markers and for the bottom one I punched some circles with a 1/2" circle punch. So much fun! I hope you enjoy them too.



1 comment:

Follow me on Instagram

This blog has been my window to the world to showcase my artwork ever since I started my creative journey. In recent years Instagram has gai...