Friday, September 26, 2014

Galaxy Birthday Star Shaker



Today's card turned out to be the perfect match for the Fab Friday 51 sketch, so I thought I would play along. I just turned the sketch 90°.

I saw a tutorial on Jennifer McGuire's blog on how to create a night sky and I really liked the look of the background she created. I did not have embossing paste nor did I have any of the other materials she used so I had to get creative and change quite a few things to create the look. In the end I put my own personal twist on it and I am thrilled with how it turned out.

I started by embossing my Whisper White cardstock with the Lucky Stars TIEF from the new Holiday catalog. Then I applied Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss ink over the entire paper with a sponge dauber. I rubbed a lot of ink onto the cardstock making sure the colors are well blended. Then I used a brush, dipped it into Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz and flicked it onto the paper. I repeated the same process with pure water to create some more subtle blotches.
For the ribbon I cut off the sides from the 1/8" Silver ribbon and pulled it apart. The little glitter star that I added to the sentiment is colored with a Blendability marker to match the Crushed Curry of the shaker star. The star confetti is punched from Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point and Silver Glimmer cardstock with the Confetti Star punch. Add some rhinestones for even more bling, DONE.


I love how the ribbon mimics the spiral of a galaxy. 

Same layout, completely different card. For today's card I used the same layout as for my Star Thank You card in my post on September 10th and basically just changed the color combo. It is amazing how that can transform the entire card and make it look sooooo different. Compare both star cards side by side and see how different they turned out just by changing the background.

Leave me a comment ant let me know which one you like better, I can't decide LOL.


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing card! So much depth and detail without being overworked. Beautiful - love it! Thanks for playing along with this Fab Friday sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Instagram

This blog has been my window to the world to showcase my artwork ever since I started my creative journey. In recent years Instagram has gai...