Friday, October 30, 2015

Merry Christmas to You and Yours

When I first flipped through the Holiday catalog and saw the background stamp in the "To You & Yours Too" stamp set and the "Sleigh Ride Edgelits" a few pages later I immediately had the idea for this card. Originally I wanted to do a blue color palette but then I decided to step out of my comfort zone. The browns are usually not my first go-to colors but I love how it works together with the gold on the card. I am thrilled with the results. Sometimes you just need to challenge yourself.



To add a little extra interest I sprinkled the sky with some water drops and also spritzed it. Then I stamped the stars with Versamark and heat embossed with gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. To top it off I diluted some liquid glue with water and sprinkled that mixture on the card so the gold Stampin' Glitter I applied could adhere to that. The result is a wonderfully sparkling sky.


It's not your traditional Christmas colors but I think that's just one more thing that makes that card stand out .

Thanks for stopping by today,







Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Instagram

This blog has been my window to the world to showcase my artwork ever since I started my creative journey. In recent years Instagram has gai...